This book is filled with hilarious chapters filled with vital information if you happen to find yourself in a horror movie like situation. For instance, in the chapter called "Freaky Locales" the author says "If some place seems too good to be true, don't get a hotel room there," and then goes on to mention Hostel. If you saw it, you know what she's talking about! She has advice for almost every situation and circumstance you can think of and have seen on the bog screen.
Some of her advice includes:
- Keep your V-card
- Keep your play list light, you ever hear of anyone getting cut when they're cuttin' footloose?
- Don't ignore your visions
- Don't bother with the fuse box
- Hold that sigh of relief until daylight
- Never babysit (from my favorite chapter: "That's one f***ed-up little kid"
- Skip Prom
- Stay out of the crop circles
- Don't go looking for your pet in a dark and sketchy place
The author even references current horror movies such as Jennifer's Body, though, like most horror movies these days, it felt more like a comedy, but then again I am kind of f-ed in the head. The end of the book contains a list of the author's "must see scary flicks". I have seen almost all of them and the ones I haven't are in my Netflix que. Overall, I love this book and I have read it several times and have quoted it more than a fair amount of times. I am really happy I bought this book because it makes me smile just knowing it's on my bookshelf.