Friday, September 20, 2013

This Ghouls 100th Post

Well, my dear readers, it happened... I have hit my 100th post with this blog! When I first started this in 2011, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. I knew that I wanted to promote my shop, but wasn't sure what else would become of my blog. I had no idea how I was going to promote myself, apart from Facebook and friends. There was also that minor detail of having something interesting enough to say that would make people not only check out my posts, but keep coming back for more. I could have very well fallen on my face, but I didn't! Thank goodness!

In the past two and a half years, I have attempted to entertain my readers with horror related goodness and much more. I promote my shop and the events that I vend at as well as shops that carry my items. I have done interviews with fellow crafters and artists I have met on Etsy and locally. I try to shake things up with some horror trivia and reviews. I also started making some wish list posts because I know I am not the only person that would love to own a Beetle Juice mug or a Re-Animator pillow. I have even started a series of posts that I like to call Friday's FEARce Five where I try to put a little more horror into everyone's lives. 

What can I say, I like to shake things up! And let's be honest, at the end of the day, no one likes to see shameless self promotion 24/7. I think keeping that in mind has helped me to reach many people outside of my friends, family, and Etsy peeps. When I made my first post I had a measly 43 views that month. Every month since, my number of views increased. These days I have, literally, hundreds of views, and sometimes I have thousands. This is phenomenal! I never expected that to happen and it wouldn't have without such loyal readers! So as a Thank You, starting Sunday (September 22, 2013) I will be giving you awesome boils and ghouls 25% off your entire purchase! This promotion will run from September 22, 2013 until September 30, 2013. So take advantage while you can! 

To save 25% on your entire purchase use the following code at checkout: AGBF100POSTS

Thanks again! And stay tuned for today's FEARce Five as well as an exciting announcement! 

Stay Spooky,

Sara, AGBF

No comments:

Post a Comment