Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Green Street Mosaics

One of the best things about being a crafter is the amazingly talented people you meet through Etsy and craft shows. I have met so many creative men and women in the past year alone that it is almost difficult to keep up with them all. This Saturday, I will be meeting a lovely lady that is the proud and talented owner of Green Street Mosaics on Etsy!



I had a few questions to get to know this seller a little bit better and this is what I learned about her!

1. What types of items do you make?

Mosaics for the home and office



2. How long have you been crafting and how long have you been selling on Etsy?

I have been making mosaics for a few years, been selling on Etsy since Feb 2012



3. What is your most favorite item that is currently listed in your shop and why?

My favorite item is a personalized name mosaic for a little girl named Katie. It is in several shades of pink and took a very long time to make.


Amazing!

4. How would you describe your process?

If it is a custom order I work very closely with my customers. I send tile samples so the colors will coordinate with their existing decor. For name mosaics it is constant communication and several drafts of proofs before the tile work even begins. For items that I sell on Etsy I love to mix and match color combos. I lay out all of the tiles before I begin. Each tile is handcut and placed carefully. After grouting, all tiles are polished and sealed.  



5.Are you working on anything new that you would like to share with my readers?

I just started making mosaic necklaces that I will "debut" at the craft fair on Saturday.


A Hook

6. Is there any new item or even different type of art or craft that you would like to start working with?  If so. what is it?

I am looking forward to working on Christmas ornaments this winter!

Organizer

7. Since you are from Maryland, What is your favorite place to visit in Baltimore and why? 

I love going to the inner harbor in Baltimore - especially since my husband is a boat captain on the water taxi there!


How awesome is this!?!! Officially jealous!

8. What advice would you give to a knew Etsy seller?

Be patient, be active, be persistent. Join teams and ask questions.

If you would like to see more amazing pieces by Green Street Mosaics you can find her on Etsy, Pintrest, Wanelo, and Facebook.

You can also meet this lovely artisan at A Day With The Girls, this Saturday! Please check my shop's Facebook fan page for more details!


No comments:

Post a Comment