1. What types of items do you make?Unique one-of-a-kind jewelry made from recycled computer keyboards, vintage game pieces, dominoes, guitar picks and other found and altered objects.
My grandmothers were two very different women and I had the great fortune of being able to spend lots of time with them both growing up. Both of their influences can be seen in my work.
On the one hand, my "Mama" taught me to sew and rummage around rummage sales, thrift stores, attics and basements, looking for "the good stuff." She and my grandfather had a summer home on the Chesapeake Bay near Calvert Cliffs, where we would spend long days digging for fossils and combing the beach for any treasures the waves had washed up and deposited.
My "Dee Dee" on the other hand, took me for long walks in the woods and taught me to love and admire nature, she took me to the movies, where I developed my love for film, she loved to collect photographs and installed in me a love for photography and capturing and preserving images of things that I love.
Now I spend my winter weekends in thrift stores and antique shops looking for what I consider "the good stuff." I salvage what I can to turn into something beautiful and new. Summers are spent in secret spots searching for sea glass or looking through the forest for bottle dumps or any other discarded items from yesterday that I can renew and make useful again.
My Etsy shop has been open since September of 2011.
3. What is your most favorite item that is currently listed in your shop and why? (ie was it challenging, something new..)
4. How would you describe your process?
5.Are you working on anything new that you would like to share with my readers?
6. Is there any new item or even different type of medium, art, or craft that you would like to start working with? If so. what is it?
7. Since you are from Maryland, What is your favorite place to visit in Baltimore and why? If you don't do Baltimore, you can say somewhere else that is local ;)
8. What advice would you give to a knew Etsy seller?
If you would like to get more info about this seller, events, and her shop, please check her out on Facebook and Twitter as well as her Etsy Shop.
You can also buy some of her awesome items this Saturday at The Day With The Girls event this Saturday! Check my Facebook Fan Page for more details!