Sunday, December 9, 2012

Some Crafty Gals I Know

It was brought to my attention a few months ago that I have never done a product review and I have also never flat out recommended another Etsy shop without doing an interview with the shop owner. I would like to put an end to this ridiculous trend ASAP! I recently have made some awesome sales and trades that I would like to share because: 1- I have think I have excellent taste. 2- I have become the proud owner of some awesome accessories. 3- The ladies I attained these awesome accessories from are talented, crafty, and have killer taste as well.


The first shop I am going to introduce you to is Haunted Hair Candy. Does the name sound familiar? Well it should! I interviewed the owner this past October. You can find the interview here. Not too long ago I became the proud owner of some Haunted Hair Candy and I freaking love it!


I received two set of hair clips. Both are made with one of a kind, hand painted sugar skulls. I really like them because they are small, but really stand out. They are colorful and girly, but creepy at the same time... and we all know how much I adore things that are sweet and twisted.


These hair clips are a great hair accessory for anytime. They look cute when I am out in just my jeans and a cardigan or if I am having a night out with my ghouls. These clips would make a great gift for anyone who has that friend that likes skulls, Dia de los Muertos, or handmade items.


If you are interested in making a purchase from Haunted Hair Candy make sure you check out her shop announcement with her Stocking Stuffer Alert! There you can find out how to score prizes, get a discount, and where to get more info on this shop.


The next shop I am going to talk about is delC Transit Authority. This shop is owned by a fellow Baltimorean whom I met roughly two years ago. Her and I both have our items sold in a shop in Hampden called Kiss N Make-Up. The lady sells awesome jewelry, doll related items, and some killer vintage steals as well.


Over the past few years I have acquired some of her lovely necklaces. She has a lot of excellent laser cut acrylic items that I am a huge fan of.


Her items make great gifts, especially if you are looking for something that you can't find anywhere else.


The last shop I am going to talk about today is 9th Life. This shop is owned by a kick ass lady named Angie. Angie not only has an Etsy shop, but also has her own brick and mortar shop in Hampden. She has everything from hair accessories to coasters. She has all sorts of clothing... men's, women's, vintage, up-cycled, and Baltimore themed printed tees. Angie prints her own shirts, makes jewelry, and sews like she was doing it before she was born.


One thing that I love about 9th Life is that, much like most Hampden shops, you never know what you are going to find. I recently became aware of her scissor accessories. She has all sorts of awesome items that have blinged out scissors. I became the proud owner of a headband that sports a pair of scissors with dark rhinestones. I wore it out last weekend and was drowning in compliments. If you are in the Baltimore area, i highly recommend that you visit her shop and tell her that some ghoul named Sara sent ya!


Okay, I won't lie... football is on now and I am going to leave this post be to watch it. However, I will leave you with this, if you ever need a recommendation for a gift for a friend that likes vintage or handmade items feel free to ask me for a suggestions. I am in no short supply of awesome, reputable sellers that have excellent quality items.

No comments:

Post a Comment