Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Ghouls Rant

Usually I don't like to use the internet as my own personal soap box. I like to use social networking sites to promote my shop and friends and as a way to make people laugh. I like to introduce people to new ideas and events that they may not have heard about. However, today I am going to spend a few minutes just writing down some thoughts that I have and would like to share.

Recently, everyone has been outraged by the Casey Anthony Verdict. Yes, this does suck and people do have the right to get angry about the outcome and speak their minds about this. I personally think that is ridiculous that we live in a world where people who do such terrible things to children, whether it be murder, rape, or assault get off the hook so much easier than someone that sells drugs. I remember taking a family law class and hearing that 1 in 5 people convicted of child molestation actually serve time in jail and most are put on probation. Whereas, you can do jail time, have a suspended driver's license, and be on probation for just having weed. It's insane! Heck, there was even a case in Canada where a man (Guy Turcotte) was convicted of killing his two children by repeatedly stabbing them (46 times total) and he didn't serve any time! They said "vengeance is not the answer". Seriously?!?!?!?!?!!!! That is the reasoning!?!!!!!!

When it comes down to it, I like that people give a crap about the "bad" going on around them, but what I really want is for people to give a crap every day, not just when a major trial has an end like the Casey Anthony trial did. I think people should be pissed about gay rights! I think people should speak up more for harsher consequences for child molesters. I think people should voice their opinions on illegal immigrants and the education and "free money" they are given for health care.

In an effort to keep this rant short, I will just say this last bit: People need to fight for their rights and stay in the loop on current events, because if you're not on top of things you will get walked all over and maybe even stabbed with no guarantee that your killer will have a sentence to fit the crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment